The annual commencement ceremony celebrates the graduation of PSR students each May. Faculty, staff, trustees, and officials from the GTU participate in the event. A reception follows the ceremony. Seating is limited; students are issued reserved seating tickets for friends and family. Commencement is organized by the Office of Community Life, the Dean's Office and the Worship Department. Please read the graduation memo and FAQ in the link below.
Early in the spring semester, students must complete forms in order to graduate (see list of various required forms in one of the links). One form you need to submit is a "graduation form" which will be submitted to the Office of Community Life. This form will allow you to rent robes, hoods, and purchase graduation announcements. In the weeks leading up to the ceremony, the faculty and trustees approve the list of graduates. In May, the Yinger Preaching Award and the Koinonia Awards are also given at the graduation and the graduating class usually announces its gift to the school. In July, the registrar mails each student their diploma and a complimentary photo of the whole graduating class.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Community Life.
- Required Forms you need to fill out in order to graduate.
- Graduation Memo & FAQ [important dates for graduates, location of commencement ceremony, robes, hoods, etcetera
Office of Community Life's "graduation form" (DUE March 6):
- Graduation Form (pdf) (Fill-in Form)
- Save the Date (Tentative dates for 2014-2015 Commencement)
- Directions to FCCB (2345 Channing Way)
Faculty, Staff, Trustee, Adjunct, Emeriti
- Form for faculty, staff, trustee, adjunct, emeriti
- Memo for faculty, staff, trustee, adjunct, emeriti