Complaint Resolution Procedure
As your employer, Pacific School of Religion has adopted a firm policy against harassment. Every reasonable step will be taken to prevent harassment from occurring. However, if you believe that you have been unlawfully harassed, we urge you to report the incident immediately so that your complaint can be resolved quickly and fairly.
1. When possible, confront the harasser and persuade him/her to stop.
2. Provide a written or oral complaint to your own supervisor or to the Personnel Director or the President of PSR as soon as possible after the incident. Include all details on the incident(s), names of individuals involved and the names of any witnesses.
3. Supervisors will refer all harassment complaints to the Personnel Director or the President. The school will immediately undertake an effective, thorough and objective investigation of the harassment allegations.
4. If PSR determines that unlawful harassment has occurred, it will take effective remedial action in accordance with the circumstances. Any employee the school determines to be responsible for unlawful harassment will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
5. A PSR representative will advise all parties concerned of the results of the investigation.
6. The school will not retaliate against you for filing a truthful complaint and will not tolerate or permit retaliation by management, employees or co-workers.
7. PSR will take appropriate action to remedy any loss to you resulting from harassment.
8. If you have any questions about PSR’s policy against harassment or the procedure for filing complaints, please contact the Personnel Director in Holbrook #206A, 510-849-8290, dwalker[at]psr[dot]edu.