A Special Welcome (and discount) for Social Workers, Counselors, and Psychotherapists
Worship and Special Events • Logistics • CEUs • Sponsorship/Vendor Tables
New Workshop Tracks: Mental Health Professionals & Social Workers • Parents
For the past 111 years, the Earl Lectures and Leadership Conference has provided cutting edge theological education. Our lecturers have been activists, scholars, educators, historians, authors, activists, and faith leaders including Theodore Roosevelt, Elie Wiesel, Howard Thurman, Maya Angelou, Paul Tillich, Alice Walker, and Robert Reich.
This year we are expanding the scope of Earl Lectures to include those who work at the intersection of faith and family – with a special focus on social workers, counselors, and therapists.
We know that people working in these fields often deal with issues of faith and family in deeply intimate ways – incorporating religious/spiritual support systems and beliefs into healing, reconciling couples and families with disparate faiths, helping clients recover from religious abuse, and assisting in the process of meaning making.
Why should you consider attending the Earl Lectures and Leadership Conference?
- Choose from a selection of more than 30 workshops, keynote lectures, and clinical practice sessions taught by scholars, activists, social workers, educators, and nationally known theologians.
- Earn up to 15 CEUs (15 contact hours) accredited by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Network with progressive nonprofit leaders, educators, counselors, social workers, scholars, activists, parents and clergy who work at the intersection of faith and family.
- Learn theories and strategies for working with clients of faith.
Get a Discount! As a social worker, psychotherapist, or counselor, you receive a $25 discount at registration (select "Counselors" on the registrant type dropbox).
Planned Session Topics Include:
- Dr. Stephanie Coontz: For Better AND Worse: The Revolution in Personal Life and Intimate Relationships
- The Rev. Dr. Miguel A. De La Torre: Focus on the Undocumented Family
- Dr. Margaret A. Farley: Family Matters: Justice and Hope
- Karen Erlichman, LCSW: Moving toward Wholeness: Resources for Therapists Working with Clergy and their Families
- Dr. Annette Mahoney: Shattered Sacred Vows: Recognizing and Helping when Divorce is a Spiritual Trauma
- Rev. Penny V. Phillips: Moral Injury, Military Culture, and Working with Vets and Their Families
- Zachary Norris, Esq: Families Unlocking Futures: Solutions to the Crisis in Juvenile Justice
- Dr. Jon Berquist: From Kinship to the Family of God: Families in Biblical Imagination
- Rev. Lauren Van Ham: Working with Multi-Faith Families
- Dr. Annette Mahoney: Spirituality and Family Life: What Do Social Scientists Really Know and Not Know?
- Panel: Strategies for Building Chosen Family Structures with Diverse Senior Populations
- Dr. Isa Gucciardi: Ho'oponopono: Ancient Mediation Techniques for the Modern Therapeutic Environment
- Rev. Carol Luther: From Mistaken Literalism to Spiritual Transformation (or: What do Indian Tales, Dreams, The Quest for the Holy Grail, Bird Migrations and Economics all have in common?)
- Rev. Roland Stringfellow: Working with Families of Color on LGBT Acceptance
- End of Life Spiritual Care for Families
- Mindfulness Practices for Families
And many more!
Plus, presentations by organizations recognized nationally for their work with families: