Is the Bible a wellspring or a weapon? The Gender, Sexuality and the Bible course series at PSR invites all readers of the Bible to join a rich, substantive exploration of sexuality and gender from a progressive, theological perspective.
Six highly engaging, sensitive, and community-minded monthly online sessions bring participants into direct conversation with seminary faculty, faith leaders, and each other.
There are no educational or religious pre-requisites, just an open mind and a desire to learn. Individual courses and the full certificate program are open to all, whether you plan to lead your congregation in study or simply ponder these issues at home over a cup of coffee.
For pastors and professionals who wish to engage, 1.6 CEUs are available for each course and 11.5 CEUs are awarded for the full certificate.
The Theological Education for Leadership Certificate in Gender, Sexuality and the Bible helps participants to:
- Think theologically about contemporary sexual practices and identities
- Acquire a respectful common language for discussion of gender, sexuality, and the Bible
- Interpret the Bible through a progressive lens
- Gain confidence in leading and participating in discussions of gender, sexuality, and the Bible
- Uncover relationships between race, class, and sexuality