Faith Alliance for Climate Solutions helps people of faith develop local solutions to the climate crisis. We support individuals and congregations to advocate for moral climate policies and practice sustainable stewardship.
We seek a community liaison to help us develop and support effective green leaders. The liaison’s tasks will include:
- Engaging faith communities that want to act on climate change, including connecting with congregations and maintaining records on congregations’ actions;
- Posting to social media and website, including writing posts, choosing images, and working to grow our audience;
- Maintaining internal databases and supporter records; and
- Occasional other duties as required.
Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required.
The liaison will commit to 7.5 hours per week (approximately 1.5 hours per weekday). Work is done remotely via email and phone, and can be performed from any location. Hours are flexible. Tasks are assigned weekly, and can be completed at any time before a final due date that is usually one to two weeks ahead. Once every 2-3 months, a few hours of weekend work in Northern Virginia will be required.
The fellowship is compensated with a stipend of $10 per hour. This position combines independent administrative work with community organizing, and provides an excellent reference for employment in the environmental field. A commitment of one year (until May 2018) is required.
The incumbent will demonstrate a record of success with the following:
- Attending to detail;
- Employing impeccable administrative and communicative skills;
- Forming and maintaining relationships with allies to work together toward shared goals; and
- Speaking sensitively with diverse audiences, and understanding the perspectives different people bring to one issue.
Faith Alliance for Climate Solutions is an interfaith organization, so comfort in working in a faith-based environment is necessary. Faith Alliance for Climate Solutions is an equal-opportunity employer. Women, people of color, and differently abled people are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Reba Elliott, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. She can also be reached at 202-717-7228.