Motion Picture & Television Fund (MPTF) offers healthcare services to people in the entertainment community. We have a Long Term Care facility including dementia, psych and a residential community. This internship program has the possibility of leading into a FT position. We’re looking for 15-20 hours per week, unpaid.
Chaplaincy Internship Description
MPTF has an opening for a Chaplaincy Intern as part of its spiritual services. Outlined below are the expectations of the intern as well as the responsibilities of MPTF to the intern. At this time this is an unpaid internship. The term is based upon your needs either for school or in your professional life.
We are looking only for those interns who are enrolled in an accredited CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) program OR those who have completed their CPE training and may be working toward their supervised hours OR those who are fully BCC (Board Certified Chaplains) Chaplains.
The internship is open to Christian or Catholic chaplaincy interns as that is where our current need is. The intern will, however, meet with patients from all or no religious backgrounds and is expected to be flexible and adhere to chaplaincy’s practice of openness and not being judgmental or proselytizing.
The intern will have a Site Coordinator, Rabbi Arthur Rosenberg, our chaplain. The intern will learn our system, participate in direct patient contact with both residential patients and those enrolled in our Palliative Care program.
We will provide opportunities for:
- one on one interviews with a variety of clients who have different needs;
- participation in interdisciplinary meetings as a member of the healing team;
- weekly meetings to process his/her work with the Site Coordinator;
- opportunity to learn and properly chart spiritual notations.
- attendance at staff meetings, in-services and clinical supervision where the student is a full participant, giving his/her insights into client progress on spiritual issues;
- opportunity to plan and conduct worship services when these are appropriate and if desired by the intern.
- opportunity to work with staff as well as clients and significant others;
- timely evaluation feedback on their progress as well as areas of needed growth;
- to receive client referrals from staff and to work as an integral member of the interdisciplinary team;
- to experience themselves as a vital part of the program staff and its work.