Children’s Program Coordinator (part-time) ($20/hour)
The Children’s Program Coordinator is called to nurture and enhance the youth ministries of the Congregational Church of Belmont. The Coordinator will lead a team of teachers and child care workers to coordinate and teach church school programs and curricula based on Progressive Christianity throughout the year. They will organize special events for youth, and provide administrative support to the Board of Christian Education (BCE). This position will report to the Board of Christian Education with the Pastor serving as advisor.
This is a quarter-time position expected to take on average about 10 hours per week, including approximately 9:30 AM -12:30 PM on Sunday mornings.
The Children’s Program Coordinator is a staff position within the church.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Recruit and guide teacher volunteers, child care workers, other leadership.
- Maintain list of background-checked volunteers and staff, and ensure all staff and volunteers. Maintain compliance with CCB’s Safe Church Policy. Maintain records of all youth enrolled in our Sunday School Programs.
- Work with BCE to administer the church school curriculum for Sunday school of elementary and middle school youth. Evaluate, order, and distribute curriculum materials, equipment and general supplies.
- Lead Sunday morning children’s program, including teaching one section and directing volunteers to teach other class sections.
- Work with volunteers for quarterly and yearly youth events including the Christmas Pageant and Children’s Sabbath.
- Develop and lead additional youth programming to develop progressive Christian values as time and resources allow, e.g. field trips, volunteer projects, etc.
- Administer a child care program for church events, and schedule child care workers as needed.
- Communicate with families and support staff.
- Report to BCE regularly and have regular advisory meetings with pastor.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter
describing your experience and interest in the position
with “Application for Children’s Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
Congregational Church of Belmont, United Church of Christ
751 Alameda de las Pulgas
Belmont, CA 94002