Framing the occasion with the words of the prophet Jeremiah, PSR graduated its 151st class on May 20, 2018, in a ceremony steeped in hope for the future. Held at First Congregational Church of Oakland, the service was filled with liturgy, movement, poetry, inspiring rhetoric, and celebration. The graduating class selected Rev. Dr. Dorsey O. Blake as their commencement speaker while (now) Professor Emeritus Rev. Dr. Randi Walker provided the valedictory address. Over 50 graduates received degrees and certificates.
This page contains links to media, addresses, and several of the award-winning student projects.
- Photo gallery
- Commencement video
- Freda Smith Feminist Preaching Award: [sermon], by Tipisone Tuiolemotu
- Paul Wesley Yinger Preaching Award: Fat Tuesday Sermon, by Tana Roseboro-Marsh
- Marcella Althaus-Reid Award for the Best Student Essay Queering Religion & Theology: Anna Howard Shaw: What a queer, Methodist Preacher and Suffragist Can Teach Us About Sanctified Grace within the United Methodist Church, by Tara Limbaugh
- Michael M. Mendiola Prize in Ethics: White Jesus Must Die: Why a White Savior Can Never Confront White Supremacy or Empower White People to Respond to Their Own Suffering (Much Less the Suffering of Others), by Todd Atkins-Whitley
- Professor Emeritus Rev. Dr. Randi Walker’s Valedictory Charge