Pacific School of Religion (PSR) is seeking a part-time, temporary Development Associate to support the many aspects of the work of the Office of Institutional Advancement at Pacific School of Religion including gift processing, database management, office management, administrative support, event planning and coordination, donor research and stewardship, and alumni/ae relations.
Pacific School of Religion (PSR) is a progressive, multi-denominational seminary and center for social justice that prepares spiritually-rooted leaders to work for the well-being of all people. PSR is home to a vibrant and diverse community of faculty, staff and students from a wide range of spiritual, religious, and cultural backgrounds. Reflecting the interreligious and multiethnic reality of the world, PSR develops and connects individuals engaged in faith-based leadership and social activism through rigorous scholarship, practical training and immersive fieldwork, preparing them for ongoing service including pastoral ministry, non-profit and civic leadership, and public policy. PSR is a member of the Graduate Theological Union (GTU), an interfaith consortium of seminaries and institutes in the San Francisco Bay Area. PSR is a non-profit founded in 1866 and is located in Berkeley, California.
- Coordinate and oversee all aspects of gift processing
- Oversee donor acknowledgment and maintain donor records
- Perform general secretarial and receptionist duties for OIA
- Maintain the Raiser’s Edge database through accurate records as well as updating and entering constituent, event, fund, and campaign information
- Initiate database projects including data clean-up, donor coding and tracking, management of attributes, prospects, action items, and imports and exports
- Train student workers on Raiser’s Edge and office protocols
- Maintain active and archived files, in hard and digital formats
- Produce reports, mailing lists, and other documents to support development activities
- Assist with event planning and coordination for recurring and one-time events
- Make travel arrangements for advancement meetings and staff business travel
- Assist with donor prospect and foundation research
- Maintain alumni/ae director and related communications, services, and updates
- Help with in-house mailings and other projects
- Other duties as assigned
Requisite skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Experience working in a Development office
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities giving high level of attention to detail
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge, NXT, or/and Online Express.
- Good verbal and written communications – as well as strong writing and editing skills
- General knowledge of higher education or theological education
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and others
- Ability to work independently as well as function cooperatively and productively as a member of a team
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and diverse environment
- Proficiency with Windows-based Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds with the assistance of a dolly, and while performing the duties of this job will be frequently required to walk and sit
- Ability and willingness to take initiative
- Basic bookkeeping skills and ability to type at least 50 words per minute
- Proven ability to handle confidential material accurately and with sensitivity
- Ability to work with diverse ethnic and multi-cultural populations and students, faculty, staff and alumni/ae with diverse sexual orientations and gender-identities
Education and/or Experience:
Associates degree and/ or 3 years minimum experience required in an Administrative support capacity within a fundraising office.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, legal documents, financial documents, or procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively with donors, alumni/ae, faculty, staff, Board members, and volunteers.
PSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, PSR is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, who work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. www.psr.edu
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com