Unitarian Universalists of San Mateo (UUSM) is a place where caring, open-minded people gather to nurture their spirits and put their faith into action. Like all UU congregations, we are people of all ages, backgrounds, and beliefs.
UUSM’s Religious Exploration (RE) program invites kids, tweens, and teens to explore their spirituality by building community, providing opportunities for social justice, connecting with the community, learning about ourselves and our experiences, learning to welcome and respect differences, playing, discussing beliefs, singing, making art, and expressing themselves creatively.
About the Opportunity
Working in close collaboration with the half-time DRE for Kids, the DRE for Tweens & Teens has primary responsibility for planning, organizing, and administering UUSM’s programs for middle school and high school-aged youth. These include, but are not limited to:
- Youth groups and Sunday morning Religious Exploration
- Coming of Age (COA) rite of passage program for 8th-10th graders
- Our Whole Lives (OWL) comprehensive sexuality education for 7th-9th and 10th-12th graders.
- Multi-generational Worship Services
About the Ideal Candidate
As a vital part of our liberal religious community, the DRE for Tweens & Teens is highly effective at:
- Providing leadership and support for paid and volunteer program facilitators
- Communicating detailed information among youth, their families, congregational leaders, and the larger UUSM community
- Cultivating an environment that is safe, vibrant, and welcoming for all.
How to Apply
- Read the full job description and more information about us at www.uusanmateo.org
- Send your cover letter and resume to DREsearch@uusanmateo.org