Central Lutheran Church in beautiful Winona, Minnesota seeks a full-time Director of Youth Ministries to accompany, encourage, and engage youth on their faith journey through a wide range of education & youth programs. This is a full-time, non-ordained position providing a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
This position is being re-established thanks to the generosity of members who increased their donations to support stronger ministry with young people and their families. The start date is flexible, sometime between June 15 to Aug. 15, 2017. Applications will be reviewed beginning May 1.
- Develop Middle School & High School ministries which encourage a life of Discipleship.
- Forge meaningful relationships with youth, parents, staff, and volunteers.
- Provide a positive role model for the spiritual, moral, and social development of youth.
Qualities & Requirements, in brief:
- Demonstrate a strong relationship with Jesus Christ, a shepherd’s heart for the team and for building well-rounded and healthy relationships with young people in and outside of worship experiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Professional Certificate, or equivalent experience in Youth Ministry.
- Able to lead and teach prayer and bible study as well as discuss moral dilemmas.
Strategies & Tactics, in brief:
- Be present in the congregation, leveraging Sunday worship as a primary source of engagement leading to and emphasizing intergenerational relationships.
- Collaborate with youth committee, pastors, staff, and volunteers to seek creative means to encourage lives of discipleship in youth and their families, including:
a. Be visible at community youth events
b. Initiate, develop, and implement venues for fostering faith formation.
c. Plan youth & family activities, outings, service opportunities, and confirmation.
- Stay current with and encourage participation with relevant activities, events, and workshops in the SE MN Synod, the ELCA, Lutheran colleges and Bible camps, and related organizations.
For a detailed job description, please click here.
To apply, please send a current resume and statement of interest to:
Central Lutheran Church
259 W Wabasha St
Winona MN 55987