Extended (Part-Time) CPE at UCSF Health
September 5, 2018 – May 8, 2019
Practice the art of spiritual caregiving at UCSF Medical Center, a world-class quaternary-care hospital on the Parnassus campus of the University of California, San Francisco. UCSF is recognized for excellence in 16 specialties, and is a hectic and intense healthcare setting with people who are passionately committed to our mission of “caring, healing, teaching, and discovering.” Spiritual Care and Clinical Pastoral Education have existed at UCSF since the early 1960’s, and we are a vital part of both the hospital and campus communities.
Part-Time CPE for the 2018 – 2019 academic year includes
- Wednesday meetings from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.*
- working as a chaplain on-site on a negotiated schedule
- and weekday overnight on-call shifts (4:15 p.m. – 9:00 a.m.)
* Three mandatory orientation days will require students to stay on campus until 4:30 p.m. in September 2018
- High school graduate (or GED equivalent) and a baccalaureate degree; higher degree strongly preferred.
- Two years active membership in good standing with a faith community. Exceptions to these requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Application fee: $30 ! Tuition: $600 ! Invaluable experience, but no stipend
About the educator:
The Rev. Beth E. Godfrey has been Chaplain Supervisor at UCSF since March 2015. She is an ACPE Certified Educator and an ordained minister with the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) who served in congregations in Indiana and New York prior to her CPE training at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, DC.
For more information or to apply, please e-mail Beth at email@example.com or call 415-514-6572.
The ACPE application form can be downloaded HERE.
The completed application packets (with a fee of $30, payable to UC Regents) can be sent to:
Department of Spiritual Care Services
UCSF Box 0356, 350 Parnassus Avenue, Suite 210
San Francisco, CA 94143
You can learn more about our CPE program by visiting ucsfspiritcare.org.
The Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program at UCSF is fully accredited to offer Levels 1 and 2 CPE and Certified Educator CPE by ACPE (the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education), Inc. One West Court Square, Suite 325, Decatur, GA 30030-2538 USA; phone 404-320-1472; Web www.acpe.edu