Flexible Learning

Flexible Learning Programs

There are many different ways to engage with PSR’s Flexible Learning programs. If you are interested in pursuing ministerial studies for academic credit, PSR offers the following options:

  • Individual courses – Pursue your passion or take a taste of PSR by enrolling in individual courses.  SeeSpecial student status or Auditing courses for summer or semester courses.
  • Certificate of Theological Studies  – Follow an eight- to twelve-course plan of study that fits into your life schedule. Credits may later be applied to a master’s degree.
  • Certificate of Sexuality and Religion – Select seven to thirteen courses in sexuality and religion, offered in partnership with PSR’s Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies in Ministry (CLGS).
  • Master of Divinity – Begin at home with the Certificate of Theological Studies, then apply to complete the MDiv with just two years of on-campus coursework (typical residency is three years).
  • Master of Theological Studies – Begin at home with the Certificate of Theological Studies, then apply to complete the MTS with just one year of on-campus coursework (typical residency is two years).
  • Doctor of Ministry – Take six courses online and/or on campus to explore pressing issues in ministry. Develop your research skills in this interdisciplinary program.

For shorter, non-credit, lay or continuing education courses see Theological Education for Leadership (TEL).  TEL has a separate cost structure and admissions process from other Flexible Learning options. Study online or in your local community with TEL, a theological education program for lay leaders and clergy (not for graduate credit). TEL follows in the tradition of PSR’s Certificate of Ministry Studies program.flexi

Leave a Reply