There are many different ways to engage with PSR’s Flexible Learning programs. If you are interested in pursuing ministerial studies for academic credit, PSR offers the following options:
- Individual courses – Pursue your passion or take a taste of PSR by enrolling in individual courses. SeeSpecial student status or Auditing courses for summer or semester courses.
- Certificate of Theological Studies – Follow an eight- to twelve-course plan of study that fits into your life schedule. Credits may later be applied to a master’s degree.
- Certificate of Sexuality and Religion – Select seven to thirteen courses in sexuality and religion, offered in partnership with PSR’s Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies in Ministry (CLGS).
- Master of Divinity – Begin at home with the Certificate of Theological Studies, then apply to complete the MDiv with just two years of on-campus coursework (typical residency is three years).
- Master of Theological Studies – Begin at home with the Certificate of Theological Studies, then apply to complete the MTS with just one year of on-campus coursework (typical residency is two years).
- Doctor of Ministry – Take six courses online and/or on campus to explore pressing issues in ministry. Develop your research skills in this interdisciplinary program.
For shorter, non-credit, lay or continuing education courses see Theological Education for Leadership (TEL). TEL has a separate cost structure and admissions process from other Flexible Learning options. Study online or in your local community with TEL, a theological education program for lay leaders and clergy (not for graduate credit). TEL follows in the tradition of PSR’s Certificate of Ministry Studies program.flexi