Flexible Learning Overview
No matter where you are, any of our students can easily join together in dialogue around critical theological texts and issues in progressive Christianity. Flexible Learning options include:
- Online courses are taught with our learning management system, Moodle.
- Hybrid courses use Zoom conferencing to put you in the classroom in real time.
Flexible Learning Programs
The following programs utilize flexible learning:
Programs available fully from a distance:
Hybrid programs that require limited on-campus participation:
- Doctor of Ministry (only requires four weeks of on-campus participation)
All other programs offer online courses on a frequent basis. Make sure to check the courses every semester for availability. Zoom conferencing for individual courses is available on a case-to-case basis.
Online Course Listings
See the GTU course catalog for information about all PSR’s flexible learning offerings.
8000-8199 ONLINE Introductory courses which have no prerequisites
8200-8399 ONLINE Intermediate courses; primarily for Masters students
8400-8499 ONLINE Advanced courses for Masters and Doctoral students
Flexible Learning Technologies
Basic requirements (click here for more detailed system information):
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card