Posting date: August 22, 2017
Supervisor: Chef Andy Maxon
Job title: Food Service Worker
Job description: May include — cashiering, cleaning the dining room, sweeping, mopping, serving, replenishing food lines, silverware, beverages, trays, etc., assisting the Cook with preparation of meals, washing dishes, silverware, trays, and pots. Most jobs include one or two of these tasks. This job also includes waiting on tables during special events and providing bartending services. Other related tasks may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be punctual and reliable in coming to work on scheduled days for the smooth running of the food services program
- For cashiering part of responsibilities must have ability to count money accurately and ability to deal with people who do not want to pay for their meals and manage to get them to pay
- Ability to remain courteous during any interactions with diners
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and carry 25 lbs.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
- Ability to walk up and down stairs, sweep, and mop
- Ability to operate dishwasher and garbage disposal (Training will be provided on kitchen machine operations.)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English as most customers speak English, and to understand communications from others.
- Previous experience as a food service worker is desirable, but not required. Training will be provided.
Hours per week: up to 20
Date job is to begin: as early as Wednesday 8/23/2017
Hourly rate: $13.75
Period of employment: Generally the academic year from orientation at the end of August through commencement at the end of May
Preferred work days: Shift work available Monday through Friday from 7:30am-8:00pm
Apply to: see or call Chef Andy
Application deadline: open until multiple positions are filled