Chinese Community United Methodist Church (CCUMC) is a 132-year-old congregation located in the heart of Oakland’s historic Chinatown. CCUMC is made up of two parallel ministries serving our Chinese language and English language worshipping communities: English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)..
We are seeking to fill two positions:
A talented Worship Musician who is fluent in multiple worship styles to serve the needs of our English language community.
- Support the church’s weekly English language worship service through excellent preparation and performance of church music. The English Ministry Worship Musician may not be needed when the congregation holds joint services between the English and Chinese Ministry.
- Facilitate congregational singing and worship through leading and accompanying hymns and other worship songs at the direction of the Senior Pastor.
- Plan, select, and prepare preludes, postludes, and offertories at the direction of the Senior Pastor according to the needs of the worship services.
- and more… download the full job description HERE
A Ministry Associate of New Possibilities who partners with the current English Ministry congregation
to discern, pursue, and enable new opportunities for growth and transformation within the broader community. This includes special attention to creating new places for new people at CCUMC. The Ministry Associate of New Opportunities reports to the Lead Pastor.
- Provide support to the English Ministry of CCUMC (including presence and leadership at weekly Sunday worship services).
- Intentionally build relationships with people and community outside of CCUMC, in Chinatown and beyond, to support the possibility of new opportunities at CCUMC.
- Interface with community groups and organizations who utilize CCUMC space.
- and more. Download the full job description HERE
Both positions offer a salary commensurate with experience.