In the summer of 2016, PSR began offering our Doctor of Ministry program in Hawai’i. The first cohort of students came from a wide range of places in the Pacific World and the focus of their work was on ministry issues arising in Pacific contexts.
The DMin provides an opportunity for you to:
Use your skills in critical engagement with texts and traditions and contextual analysis to advance your understanding of the nature and purpose of ministry in a particular context.
- Be able to work in partnership with people in other ministry settings to develop higher skill in communicating the Christian faith and in developing leadership styles for effective social change.
- Create new knowledge and research about the practice of ministry that contributes to the understanding and practice of ministry.
- Enhance your ministry skills and competencies through discipline study using research and conversation with peers and instructors.
- Integrate these understandings and competencies into a theologically coherent analysis of the practice of ministry.
- Develop a more aware engaged spirituality.
Financial Aid may be available to assist with your travel expenses if you do not live on Oahu – ask us for details.
To learn more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ministers who have a MDiv or equivalent education and training and have worked in ministry for at least three years after the completion of the Master of Divinity degree or other master’s level theological education are eligible to apply for the DMin. More information about the Doctor of Ministry program and its requirements are available here.
If you have any questions, please be in touch with the PSR DMin Program Director, Randi Walker email@example.com or call 510/849-8221, or contact the Admissions Office at 510/849-8931 or toll-free at 800/999-0528.