Part-time COOK position.
Pacific School of Religion, Berkeley, CA
Schedule: Friday & Saturday 11:00am–7:30pm
- We are a graduate school and we work from: September 2nd through late May. Closed for holidays, and for 2 weeks over Christmas, 1 week in the fall and 1 week in the spring.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a professional kitchen.
- Breakfast, Dinner and vegetarian cooking experience.
Summary: Prepares food in accordance with applicable federal, state and in house standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service is provided at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to plan and execute meals with minimal supervision.
- Prepares high-quality food items to meet production and service schedules.
- Prepares and serves meals ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all prepared food items.
- Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as required.
- Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
- Attends safety meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators and managers.
- Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please reply with a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the school reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.