Part-Time Supply Pastor
The Part-Time Supply Pastor is a transitional pastoral position that bridges the gap between the retirement of our Associate Minister June 30, 2019, and whatever staffing configuration is determined will be needed to fill the resulting staffing vacancies. The Supply Pastor will supplement the professional pastoral ministry of the church.
Position will be part-time, 15-20 hours per week, through end of June 2020.
- Shares in the pastoral care ministry, including being on-call for pastoral emergencies when the Senior Minister is away for vacation and continuing education;
- Supports Sunday morning worship services, assisting guest preachers with prayers, readings, etc., as needed;
- Preaches 1 or 2 times, depending on availability and desire;
- Ordination and/or authorized ministerial standing in a denomination of the Christian tradition (will consider Members-in-Discernment and/or seminary interns);
- LGBTQI+ inclusive, affirming and celebratory;
- Grounded in the story and the community of Jesus; at the same time able to support and equip others in a community of diverse theological experiences and vocabularies
Tentative start date: Nov. 1, 2019. This is an at-will position and is supervised by the Senior Minister.
Candidates will also be eligible to apply for Associate Minister position when that position is finalized and search opened.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter describing why you would be a good fit.
Email to: email@example.com
(Put “Supply Pastor Search” in the subject line.)
Mail to: “Supply Pastor Search” UCC Ashland, 717 Siskiyou Blvd., Ashland, OR 97520