- Facilitate new hire process, administer benefits, and coordinate the administration of HR processes;
- Work closely with Director to provide guidance and assistance on HR matters including hiring, onboarding, payroll, etc.;
- Reviews each payroll, payroll changes and update in ADP;
- Performs all data entry into ADP WFN system;
- Maintain all employee records, enrollment, documentation, and the day to day activities related to benefits, 403b, leaves, and employee lifecycle transitions;
- Coordinate with outside accounting firm to process check requests, reimbursements for staff and uploading of statements;
- Respond to HR, payroll and benefits related questions by staff, faculty and students;
- Stay informed and updated on new regulations, policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passion for the mission of Pacific School of Religion;
- BA/BS degree preferred;
- 2-3 years of work experience including in human resources, payroll and administration;
- Highly competent with web-based payroll and accounting systems, preferably ADP Workforce Now, accounting software, and Expensify.
- Working knowledge of HR best practices, policies, procedures and federal and state laws;
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and ability to complete tasks independently and efficiently within a team;
- Dedicated team player with a customer-service approach, friendliness and ability to build relationships;
- Ability to work independently and provide for high-quality, timely, and effective results;
- Strong project management skills: planning and organizational skills to guide, develop, and document systems and processes;
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and ability to quickly navigate data sets from multiple systems to identify errors or missing data;
- Proven ability to handle confidential data and information;
- Ability to effectively communicate and positively interact with people both internal and external to the organization.
- Able to work and think independently, keep information confidential, work in a highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented manner.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.