Excelsior Works! (ExW!) is a fiscally sponsored program of Chinese Progressive Association, a 501 (c)3 non-profit organization. The mission of Excelsior Works! is to create a viable link to workforce development that leads to financial sustainability of individuals and families, strengthened community, and Excelsior identity. ExW! is a new center where residents of every age and culture can find workforce programs and services, get assistance in English, Spanish, Cantonese, or Tagalog from collaborating organizations at one convenient site.
The Program Associate is responsible for completing activities taken under grant agreements and ensuring compliance with all program requirements. S/he provides case management support to a portfolio of clients ensuring clients are connected to relevant services, and collaborates with District 11 stakeholders on projects and initiatives that lead to the self- sufficiency of Excelsior Works!’ target population. The Program Associate works under the supervision of the Director.
- First point of contact for potential program participants
- Manage and provide employment support to a portfolio of clients
- Provide support to Excelsior Works! co-working organizations’ partner staff
- Provide data and tracking collection
- Maintain weekly and monthly report of program activities
- Make phone calls to all community residents enrolled in program activities to remind them of appointments, classes, or events
- Maintain participation records and logs as required
- Develop outreach, education, and referral materials
- Translate outreach, education, and referral materials