Department: Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
Reports to: Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty
FLSA Status: Exempt, full-time
Salary Range: 11
General Position Description
Serving as Pacific School of Religion’s chief enrollment management officer, the Senior Director of Enrollment leads the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid. The Senior Director of Enrollment is responsible for developing and implementing a recruitment plan to attract a diverse student population to PSR’s graduate level education degrees and innovative program offerings; strengthen the school’s impact by growing enrollment; optimizing admission outreach initiatives and strategic allocations of financial aid; and providing effective data metrics and analysis to support marketing and enrollment decisions.
The Senior Director of Enrollment is responsible for facilitating productive partnerships within PSR and building positive relationships with external constituents including denominational partners, social change organizations, and the private sector to strengthen recruitment and retention.
Committed to collaborative leadership and to PSR’s core values of excellence, diversity, leadership, and financial sustainability, the Senior Director of Enrollment reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty and works closely with the Dean and President.
- Six years of experience and demonstrated ability in recruitment, admissions, and enrollment management
- Expertise in current (leading edge) trends in marketing, recruitment, and admissions
- Demonstrated ability in management and strategic planning
- Deep appreciation for the value of spiritually rooted leadership for social transformation in the service of faith communities and the broader society
- Aptitude for helping prospective students in the process of vocational discernment
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with students and peers from diverse ethnic, religious, multi-cultural, and gender and gender identities.
- Knowledgeable about regulatory issues in recruitment, admissions, and financial aid
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college is required. Advanced degree preferred.
Essential Job Functions
Lead the development and implementation of a data-driven, goal-oriented enrollment plan that employs current best practices in recruitment, admissions, and financial aid to drive enrollment growth consistent with institutional goals
- Develop compelling messaging – in partnership with PSR’s Marketing and Communications office – to interpret PSR’s diverse degree and non-degree programs to prospective students and PSR’s varied constituents
- Manage the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid, including supervision of staff, student workers, and managing office budgets
- Serve as lead recruiter, including organizing of events that can strengthen recruitment among PSR’s various strategic partners. This position requires travel.
- Effectively engage PSR faculty, staff, students, and alumni to strengthen the recruitment efforts
- Develop and present regular reports on enrollment and financial aid that help assess the effectiveness of all recruitment initiatives
- Lead the implementation of all aspects of the application and admissions process, including record keeping, application review (in coordination with faculty), and development of application materials
- Together with the office staff, counsel prospective students, entering students, and international students regarding admissions processes, policies, and requirements
- Work closely with the director of financial aid and administration to develop annual awarding policies, strategically leveraging financial aid resources (institutional need-based grants, merit awards, etc.) to recruit and retain a student body reflective of PSR’s commitment to diversity and financial sustainability
- Oversees the implementation of debt management and default prevention activities of the financial aid office
- Maintain and develop a network of admissions influencers
How to Apply
focusEDU is assisting Pacific School of Religion to ensure quality candidates for the Senior Director of Enrollment position. To be considered for this career opportunity, please submit your cover letter of intent, resume, and a list of four professional references with contact information to Herb Riley at hriley@focusEDUnow.com by Friday, April 12, 2019. Pacific School of Religion provides a comprehensive and very good benefit package.
If you would like to ask questions of find out more about the Senior Director of Enrollment position at Pacific School of Religion, please contact:
Delsie Phillips, Consulting Director
Herb Riley, President
Revised: February 2019