- Students may not use any hand held devices in the classroom (cell phones, PDA’s, MP3 players, cameras, etc) without the explicit permission of the instructor. All hand held devices should normally be turned off and packed away during class sessions.
- The use of computers in the classroom is a privilege, not a right. Computers should be used for note-taking only. If computers are used for texting, e-mail, or internet connection (without the explicit permission of the instructor), the instructor may revoke the privilege of using a computer in that class. Students with multiple violations of this policy will not be permitted computer use in any future PSR classes.
- Students who need to use voice recorders for class lectures must receive the explicit permission of the instructor in order to do so.
- Students may not post ANY material from classes on the internet or other personal networking sites without the explicit, written permission of the instructor and all other class participants.
- Classes must explicitly list in their description and syllabus that they are open to the use of flexible learning technology in order for a student to take the class using such technology.
adopted by the PSR faculty September 2009