Department: Academic Affairs
Supervisor: Administrative Assistant to the Dean
Job title: Summer Session Assistant
· Staff Summer Session information desk, assisting faculty, students & families
· Communicate with students, staff, faculty and general public about Summer Session
· Create/update and document procedures for daily operations
· Create and post signage & publicity
· Key host for Mudd classrooms
· Greet and orient incoming faculty and students
· Print and copy rosters for instructors as needed
· Assist with summer-only, community gatherings, lectures and workshops as needed
· Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· High level of attention to detail.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
· Ability to establish effective working relationships with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and others.
· Ability to work independently as well as function cooperatively and productively as a member of a team.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural and diverse environment.
· Ability to lift 25 pounds to move boxes of paper, equipment, carry AV equipment, etc.
· Carrying – Ability to carry some items no more than a few feet; lift and carry chairs for classroom/lecture setup.
· Pushing/Pulling – Carts of equipment and chairs rolled between rooms or buildings.
· Must be available to schedule a 1 hour meeting before scheduled start date for a brief orientation on the job.
· Familiarity with PSR programs and departments in order to answer general questions about school and re-direct students to other departments is preferred.
· Current PSR student eligible for federal work study.
· Valid Driver’s License & Transportation.
Date job is to begin: June 5, 2017
Date job is to end: July 5, 2017
Hours: 8:30AM-2:00PM, Monday-Friday (schedule may vary by week)
Hourly rate: $12.53
Tara Weekes, Administrative Assistant to the Dean
Include a brief resume highlighting relevant qualifications; cover letter optional
Tel/email: 510-849- firstname.lastname@example.org