Sunday School Coordinator–Part time, – 10 hours/week
Westminster Presbyterian Church – Tiburon, California
At Westminster, we pride ourselves on guiding the youth of our congregation to become whole and faithful people. The Sunday School Coordinator (SSC) facilitates a Sunday morning program for young children that helps them know God’s affirming, unconditional love from their church family and guides them to live Jesus’ commandment to “love one another.” The SSC maintains regular communications with parents and youth.
- Oversee the Sunday morning classes for ages Pre-K through 5th grade:
Assist in lesson planning, recruit and train volunteer teachers, ensure classroom space and supplies for each age group, lead large-group time as necessary
- Welcome visitor and new member families; facilitate enrollment of new children into classes
- Advise staff members on issues regarding children
- Participate in monthly Christian Education meetings
- Write a regular newsletter column
- Manage budget planning and expenditures related to Sunday School program
Skills and experience
- Passionate about working with children and committed to walking with them on their faith journeys
- A strong personal faith and practice that is authentically expressed
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to be a team player and to work collegially with others
- Self-directed person with excellent time management skills
send your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you would be the right person for this important role at Westminster, to Associate Pastor Rev. Bethany Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Westminster Presbyterian Church – www.wpctiburon.org
Westminster is a welcoming congregation with celebrative worship growing together in faith and serving God locally, nationally and internationally (500 members, 200 teen, youth and children). All persons are welcome regardless of race, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, or level of education, income, or other human condition.