Posting date: 01/27/2017
Department/Organization: Academic Affairs – PSR
Supervisor: Mary Donovan Turner, Dean
Job title: Technology Teaching Assistant – “Tech TA”
To assist one or more PSR faculty in videoconferencing with distance students and supporting faculty with online course offerings as needed. The Tech TA supports videoconferencing needs of course “HSFT-2006: UCC History, Theology & Polity” and operates audio-visual equipment in the classroom from 12:40 pm to 3:30 pm on Thursdays, with the possibility of working additional hours depending on faculty needs.
The following responsibilities are representative of the range of duties. Actual responsibilities will vary depending on the needs of the faculty and the degree of prior course development.
• Consult with Audio/Visual (A/V) department about supported technologies and recommended approaches
• Collaborate with one or more faculty in the overall development and design of online courses and their components
• Create new learning objects such as video, narrated PowerPoint, enhanced images, etc.
• Develop Moodle (or other) online course space
• Other technical assistance to faculty as needed
• Must be eligible to work as a federal work-study student
• Experience with videoconferencing and Moodle
• High degree of comfort with learning technologies
• Dependable, prompt, and willingness to respond to urgent course-related technical issues within 48 hours or less
Hours per week: varies depending on faculty needs, majority of hours are expected on Thursdays, from 12:40 pm to 3:30 pm.
Date job is to begin: 02/02/2017
Compensation: $1,000 plus free parking pass at PSR
Period of employment: Spring Semester 2017 (02/02/2017—05/18/2017)
Apply to: Hugo Estrada
Other comments: Applications evaluated as received. Please send resume as an email attachment.