Position: Webmaster & Social Media Manager
Reports to the Vice President for Enrollment and Marketing serving as PSR’s Webmaster & Social Media Manager. The person in this position will design, develop, and support PSR’s websites and applications, social media accounts, and internal reporting interfaces.
The Webmaster & Social Media Manager will be evaluated by the Vice President for Enrollment and Marketing.
The Webmaster & Social Media Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, updating, and maintaining the school’s website and social media presence across Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter, etc. to achieve PSR’s marketing objectives. These objectives include: targeting specific audiences, increasing brand awareness, raising interest, and attracting mission-centric students and donors to the institution. Additionally, the Webmaster & Social Media Manager will collaborate with all areas of the institution to ensure that content is up-to-date and that the marketing of events and programs is maximized to the benefit of PSR.
- Working with outside vendors to develop new websites/microsites, etc.
- Maintaining and updating the school’s current website including content, graphics, photos, and videos.
- Verifying all web and social media content is consistent with the design and style of the school’s website.
- Confirming all content, graphics, photos, videos, etc. is consistent with the PSR brand, up-to-date, and aligns with the mission and values of PSR.
- Coordinating with faculty and administrators to maintain and update content as needed.
- Maintaining, converting, and optimizing published documents for online use.
- Tracking, analyzing, and reporting on web traffic statistics and review of content effectiveness.
- Keeping up-to-date with new, rapidly changing Internet technologies and recommending possible improvements to PSR’s web and social media presence.
- Creating and maintaining the school’s presence on various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Linked-In.
- Assisting in the implementation and monitoring of the school’s SEO and SEM marketing efforts.
- Checking hyperlinks regularly to ensure validity.
- Developing social media content that could include: blogs posts, tweets, status updates, pins, photos and videos.
- Work closely with the Communications Manager and Vice President for Enrollment and Marketing to ensure consistent communications.
- Serving as a liaison between back-end web vendor and PSR.
- May supervise part-time staff and/or student workers.
Desired Skills and Traits:
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others as well as work independently.
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Graphic Design experience using tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Related marketing experience.
- Expert knowledge of Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Linked-In
- Organizational skills in file management.
Bachelor’s degree combined with relevant work experience.
Full-time position, commensurate with educational background, certifications, and work experience.
- Excellent benefits
- Health, vision, and dental
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 37-hour workweek
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pacific School of Religion is unable to reimburse candidates for travel expenses for interviewing and is unable to provide relocation reimbursement. This job is best suited for local candidates.
Pacific School of Religion (PSR) is a progressive, multidenominational seminary and center for social justice that prepares spiritually-rooted leaders to work for the well-being of all people. Rooted in the Christian tradition, PSR is home to a vibrant and diverse community of faculty, staff and students from a wide range of spiritual, religious, and cultural backgrounds. Reflecting the interreligious and multiethnic reality of the world, PSR develops and connects individuals engaged in faith-based leadership and social activism through rigorous scholarship, practical training and immersive fieldwork, preparing them for ongoing service including pastoral ministry, non-profit and civic leadership, and public policy. PSR is a member of the Graduate Theological Union (GTU), an interfaith consortium of seminaries and institutes in the San Francisco Bay Area. PSR is a non-profit founded in 1866 and is located in Berkeley, California.
PSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, PSR is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.