To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a weekly youth group program (youth 6th-12th grade) for the United Methodist Churches in San Francisco (Circuit).
- Have a passion for youth ministry with a desire to help them grow in their Christian faith.
- Willingness to cultivate an understanding of the United Methodist Church and the California-Nevada Conference.
- Have a collaborative and supportive working relationship with the Pastoral team in the San Francisco Circuit.
- Have excellent communication skills including knowledge and use of email, Facebook, twitter & other social media.
- Be able to plan, advertise, and lead events for youth.
- Be able to pass a background check, complete safe sanctuary training.
- Valid California Drivers license
- College Degree or equivalent experience
- Cross-Culturally Competent, multilingual a plus
- Experience working with youth
- At least two references
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Publicize youth ministry opportunities to the congregations
- Schedule, plan, publicize, implement, and lead programs for youth; including but not limited to weekly youth group, lock-ins, retreats, mission trips and seasonal events as appropriate.
- Provide opportunity for leadership development
- Emphasis on Social Justice and community service projects
- Visit local UMC churches on Sunday mornings on a rotation basis
- Collaborate with local pastors on offering confirmation for youth
- Regular attendance at monthly circuit meetings, or written report
- Provide regular communication regarding various events/activities to families and the churches which includes monthly updates and information in the newsletters, emails, and other forms of communication.
This is a part-time position of 15 hours a week min. Salary of $17,500 and $2500 for professional expenses.
The San Francisco Circuit Youth Director will be directly supervised by the pastoral team of the San Francisco United Methodist Churches.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com . We are looking for a Jan. 1st 2018 start date.